Mandhira Punnagai actress Ramya speaks about her experience in Mandhira Punnagai

Ramya who was acting in a TV serial titled Madurai in Vijay TV has now become an actress of the big screen through the film Mandhira Punnagai which was released recently. When asked her that how she was selected for this film, she said,” Mandhira Punnagai is my first film. Before this I have acted in lots of Ad films.

But my role in this film is negative one. Karu Palaniappan who saw my photo in the face book selected me for this role. In the beginning itself he told me that the role was negative one and at the same time he told me to act boldly and I will get good recognition.

I was little nervous because this role was negative. But now like the director told me, lots of people are phoning and appreciating me and are telling me that I have acted well. I am really happy now. Many are asking me about my mindset when I did this negative role. In fact I really wept when I acted in a scene.

The wife will go away with another person. The husband when he comes to know about this commits suicide. The children who does not know anything searches for their mother. I who was sitting inside at one stage lost control of myself and started weeping really. This kind of incident should never happen in anyone’s life.

The audience who saw this film said,” Can there be a mother like that? When we see you, we feel like slapping you but when we see you in person, you are direct opposite person.” With regard to my future plan, there are many good actresses including Manorama. All of them are still acting. I also have a desire to earn the name of a good actress like them.”